The next IPAB Workshop will take place on Thursday 16th August 2021 at 1pm via zoom. Bob Fisher will be speaking. The zoom details can be found in the corresponding email.
My 2021 IPAB seminar will give the highlights from 5 projects that I have been involved with in the past year.
* Predicting Austrian Forest Thinning - using aerial data and deep learning to
predict when a forest needs to be thinned to improve forest growth and health
* Detecting, tracking, and assessing pig behaviour - how does piglet behaviour change
over 2 months as they grow
* Detecting daily face changes - using eigenface analysis to explore how a face changes
in shape and colour over the period of a day
* Properties of human foveal vision - even if you have lost your central vision (e.g. due
to macular degeneration), you can still detect objects, but are slower at recognising them
* Advanced Care Research Centre progress - two small applications that could help keep
elderly people living alone safer
The PhD students and postdocs will present their main research in other seminars.