This half day masterclass aims to provide students with the skills required to deliver a clear and confident pitch at the CDT Annual Conference in October.
The workshop will cover:
- Understanding what makes an effective pitch
- Being clear about the objective and the audience
- Filming of your pitch with feedback
- Reflections and action plan
Throughout the session the following areas will be addressed:
1. Clarifying the objective - includes specific questions for gaining a thorough understanding of the audience and the information they require
2. Creating the content - includes how to open and close with impact, what elements to include in the pitch and what to leave out, techniques to bring the pitch to life
3. Communicating with confidence - includes how to prepare mind, body and voice, techniques for managing nerves, the importance of confident and credible body language, engaging the audience and building rapport
The session will be highly interactive and will incorporate accelerated learning techniques to help embed the knowledge. Exercises will include group discussions, sharing of experiences, pair work and individual activities that will allow for a thorough understanding of the material covered.